Personal Data Protection Policy
Collection of Personal Information and Protection of Privacy
The Singapore Hospice Council (SHC) and their appointed Conference Management Company (Ace:Daytons Direct (International) Pte Ltd), for the 7th Singapore Palliative Care Conference (SPCC 2021), are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of our participants and to complying with legislation regarding the protection of personal information that are collected for the successful organising of the conference. Our participants may consist of the organising committees, conference delegates, sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, chairpersons, moderators, suppliers, employees and volunteers.
To meet our mandate and provide quality services, we gather and use personal information by consent and take responsibility for being transparent and accountable in how we deal with that information. Our Personal Data Protection Policy is as follows:
- Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual, with the exception of information that is publicly available, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers and other electronic communications that are published in telephone or other directories. Business contact information, including where home contact information is used as business contact information, is not subject to protection as personal information.
- We collect, use and disclose personal information only for the purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances. We routinely inform and offer our stakeholders the opportunity to not have the information used for purposes beyond which it has been collected for, such as enhancing your user experience, improving our products and services, conduct of research, data analysis and audit.
- We may share your personal data with third party service providers providing services such as information processing, marketing research, storage and archival. We may also disclose your personal information to relevant government regulators, statutory boards, authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws.
- Personal information gathered by SHC and/or Ace:Daytons Direct is kept in confidence and safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not available or disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which consent has been received.
- Information collected and stored electronically is appropriately protected through up-to-date and regularly reviewed procedures and software, including password protocols.
Withdrawal of Consent
- From time to time, we may use the personal information you give us to contact you with details of the Conference and other related benefits, services and events that we think may be of interest to you.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your Personal Data as set out in this Personal Data Protection Policy, you may contact us via email: email@example.com.
- Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may no longer be in a position to accept you as a participant, exhibitor, sponsor, speaker, chairperson, employee or volunteer for the Conference or provide you with any benefits and services related to the Conference. Such a withdrawal may therefore result in the termination of your participation in the Conference.
- SHC and Ace:Daytons Direct endeavour to promptly respond to questions, concerns or complaints concerning this policy or its use of personal information.
- As of June 2019, Singapore Hospice Council (SHC) and Ace:Daytons Direct reserve the right to update and amend this policy from time to time.
|Organised by:||Supported by:||Platinum Sponsor:||Plenary Session Sponsors:||Exhibitors:|