Call for Abstracts
Let the work you do inspire! The organising committee of the 7th Singapore Palliative Care Conference (SPCC 2021) invites you to submit abstracts of original and most up-to-date research related to Palliative Care.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically through the SPCC 2021 website at www.singaporepalliativecare.com. Before you can submit your abstract, you have to create an account. The reopening date for abstract submission is Thursday,15 April 2021.
Full payment of your registration can be made after you are notified of the acceptance of your abstract.
How to submit an abstract for the conference? Download the guidelines
1.Types of Presentations
- Oral Presentation
This will be done via a virtual platform.
Presenters have 8 minutes to present, and 2 minutes for discussion.
- Poster Presentation
Posters will be presented via our virtual platform.
The decision from the Abstract Committee will be final with regards to acceptance, mode, and category of presentation. The Abstract Committee may recommend a poster presentation for an oral presentation and vice versa.
2.Abstract Receipt Confirmation
- Upon successful submission, authors will receive an automated acknowledgement via email.
- Lack of acknowledgement will indicate that the abstract was not received. Please contact us if the abstract you submitted is not followed by an acknowledgement.
- Abstracts must be received by: Saturday, 31 July 2021.
- Abstracts received after this date will not be accepted.
3.Notification of Acceptance or Rejection
- The Presenting Author of each abstract accepted will be notified by email.
- Notification of abstracts acceptance: Tuesday, 31 August 2021.
- Simply log in using your username and password to view the result.
- Upon acceptance of your abstract, the presenting author must register for the Conference to present at the Oral Presentation or Poster Presentation.
- The abstract will be published on the conference website only if the presenting author is registered and full payment is made by Thursday, 30 September 2021.
- Abstracts will be published as submitted.
B. HOW TO SEND ABSTRACTS
- Abstracts can only be submitted online via the Conference website. Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted.
- Should you experience any technical issues, please contact:
SPCC 2021: Conference Mangement Company
Phone: +(65) 6379 5260 / +(65) 6379 5267 / +(65) 9657 6923
C. GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- All abstracts must be submitted via the Conference Website.
- Abstracts must be in English only.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any error in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- You may submit your abstracts that have been presented to other national or international meetings. However, please indicate if you have presented elsewhere before.
- Describe the objectives and results of the research in the abstract so that the Abstract Committee of SPCC 2021 can evaluate the quality, originality, and completeness of the abstract.
- Please note that your submission must be completed before the submission deadline to be considered for the Conference.
- After submission of the abstract, no editing is allowed. Hence please check carefully before you click submit.
- Abstracts will be judged solely on the basis of the data submitted in the abstract.
- The abstract title should not be more than 20 words, and each abstract should not be more than 300 words.
- List no more than 10 individual authors/co-authors for each abstract.
- DO NOT include the name and institution of all authors as part of the abstract text.
- Please indicate the institution(s), department(s), city/country to which the work should be attributed, and include the email address(es) of the first author/presenter and all co-authors.
- The author must write to the Secretariat should there be a change of presenting author.
- The information provided is for information only and is subjected to change without notice.
- All the programs and proceedings of the SPCC 2021 are subject to change without notice.
D. ABSTRACT SUBMISSION TOPICS
- Advance Care Planning and Communication
- Ageing and Geriatrics
- Arts and Humanities (including Art and Music Therapy)
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss
- Clinical Ethics
- Collaborative Work- ED-Pall, ICU-Pall, Neuro-Pall, Onco/Haemo-Pall and Others
- Complementary Therapies, Natural Analgesics
- Education, Training and Supervision
- Families, Caregivers and Volunteers in Palliative Care
- Pediatric Palliative Care
- Pain and Symptom Management
- Palliative Care and Cancer Management
- Palliative Care in Community including Primary Care
- Palliative Care in Non-cancer / Organ Failure
- Palliative Care in Nursing
- Policy or Program Advocacy, Development and Evaluation
- Rehabilitation and Clinical Nutrition in Palliative Care
- Research Update/ Methodology, Quality Improvement, Audit, Pilot Studies or Case Reports in Palliative Care
- Self-Care and Wellness
- Spirituality and Psychological Health
- Palliative Care during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Telehealth / Telemedicine in Palliative Care
E. ABSTRACT CONTENT
All abstracts submitted to the Conference will go through a blinded peer-review process by independent reviewers and the final selection of abstracts will be done by the Abstract Committee. Successful abstracts will be accepted as oral or poster presentations.
The following criteria are analysed in the peer-review process:
- Relevance to palliative care
- Novelty /innovative nature of research
- Scientific content
- Clarity of abstract.
Please make the abstract as informative as possible, and support your conclusions with data. No table is allowed.
DO NOT include the names and institutions of all authors as part of the submission.
Abstracts should be structured to include the following four sections:
- Objective: indicate the purpose of the study
- Method: describe pertinent experimental (if relevant) procedures
- Results: summarize the results of the research
- Conclusions: state the main conclusions
Please use standard abbreviations, generic drug names, and place unusual abbreviations or acronyms in parentheses after first use. Do NOT identify author(s)and/or institution(s) in the abstract text.
|Organised by:||Supported by:||Platinum Sponsor:||Plenary Session Sponsors:||Exhibitors:|